Sisters of Notre Dame
The Notre Dame Catholic College was originally the residence of the Sisters of Notre Dame in Liverpool, and began as a
pupil-teacher centre with links to local primary schools. The collegiate school did not actually come into existence until 1902,
with this merging with the pupil teacher centre in 1908. It was known as Notre Dame Collegiate School and became a direct grant grammar school in 1946 as a result of the Education Act 1944.
Following the tradition the form classes in each year group are named after Sisters of Notre Dame.