To celebrate ‘World Book Day’ on 7th March 2019, students participated in a variety of fun activities including quizzes and a story writing competition, the winner of which will be announced by Mrs Harrison and Mr Jones later this week.
As well as this, students were encouraged to find extracts and quotations dotted around the college, which had been chosen by staff from their own favourite pieces of literature.
In the week leading up to ‘World Book Day’, students had the opportunity to submit the titles of their all-time favourite texts, with the new ‘Notre Dame Top Ten’ revealed in all its glory on ‘World Book Day’ morning.
‘Notre Dame Top Ten’ 2019:
1) ‘Harry Potter’ series by J.K. Rowling
2) ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ by Jeff Kinney
3) ‘The Hunger Games’ by Suzanne Collins
4) ’Bunker Diary’ by Kevin Brooks
5) ‘An Inspector Calls’ by J.B. Priestley
6) ‘The Twits’ by Roald Dahl
7) ‘A Monster Calls’ by Patrick Ness
8) ‘Jane Eyre’ by Charlotte Bronte
9) ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ by Roald Dahl
10) ‘Wuthering Heights’ by Emily Bronte