Opening hearts, minds and doors.”
Mrs A M Costello
Thank you for your interest in our college. We hope this website provides you with a flavour of our ethos, culture and achievements. We are an ambitious Catholic school that combines academic excellence with strong Catholic family values; we care about people and standards in equal measure.
We believe it is our responsibility that every one of our students develops a love of learning, their faith and their creativity, so that they fulfil their academic potential and, so importantly, enjoy their time at the school.
All of us here at Notre Dame Catholic College are committed to providing an education that:
- Is underpinned by our Catholic ethos and the values of our foundress, St. Julie Billiart, and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur
- Meets the needs of all students so that they are able to realise their full potential
- Develops the whole child by promoting students’ spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development
- Prepares all students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences presented by life in 21st Century Britain.
By doing so, all students will become:
- Confident and optimistic individuals who take full advantage of the opportunities presented to them
- Responsible, virtuous and active citizens who conduct themselves in a way that benefits others
- Academically passionate and emotionally resilient
- Successful learners who develop an ever-increasing web of knowledge and autonomously seek and learn from feedback
Notre Dame Catholic College is a place where the development of the person and the development of the CV go hand in hand. We aim to:
- Offer an academic challenge which ensures that pupils of all backgrounds and abilities feel secure and valued, and that they are all able to realise their potential.
- Create an environment which instils in students the ability and courage to think independently and develop a love of learning.
- Provide a wide range of cultural, sporting and adventurous activities for pupils to enjoy and through which they can learn to work co-operatively and to lead.
- Be a community that nurtures every student and encourages them to develop a sense of social responsibility and that also supports their spiritual and personal development.
- Support all of our students into the best universities and into high quality employment. We do this through high quality teaching and pastoral care and a fantastic range of extra-curricular opportunities.
This ethos and these aims form the relentless focus of everything we do here at Notre Dame. Close and positive relationships between home and school ensure that these aims are fulfilled and, together, we are able to watch our students emerge as young people of whom we are all truly proud.
If you would like any further information about our college or would like to speak to a member of staff, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details at the bottom of this website.
Mrs A M Costello